Updating an iPhone is easy even if you only have little technical skills. But, there are 2 ways to do it, which include the wireless and the wired update. Basically, you can update to the latest iOS version wirelessly. However, if you aren’t able to see the update on your iPhone, you can do it manually using the iTunes app.
Before you update your Apple device, you need to pay attention to a few things. One thing is to make a backup of the device with the use of iTunes or iCloud. After doing so, you need to follow the easily steps below.
- Make sure that your device has enough power and connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
- Tap Settings -> General -> Software Update
- Then, you need to tap the Download and Install button.
- You might receive a message to remove apps temporarily for iOS to have more space to update. Simply tap Continue or Cancel. The new iOS version will reinstall the apps it removed anyway.
- Tap install in order to update immediately or you can choose to do it later by tapping “Remind Me Later” or “Install Tonight”.
You can tap “Install Tonight” if you want to update your iOS device before you go to sleep. Your iOS device updates overnight, so make sure it is plugged into a power source.
You can also update your device via iTunes by following these steps.
- Install the most recent version of iTunes on your computer
- Connect your iOS device to your computer
- Open iTunes and choose your device from the list in order to connect it to your computer
- Click “Summary” and click the “Check for Updates” button.
- You will be asked to enter the passcode to proceed with the process.
These are safe and easy ways to update your iPhone, which you can do manually or via iTunes.